This qualification is intended for candidates who want to take the next step in training to become a counsellor (having already acquired counselling skills) and learn more about counselling theory and agency work.
This course follows on directly from the Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, it is important that you start at the beginning and follow the natural progression route to ensure that you have great foundations on which to build your knowledge, develop your awareness and master those skills! In this programme you will also explore theory in more detail as well as looking at other types of therapy and Mental Health issues.
You must be 19 years of age to study for this qualification.
Learning aims for the course are as follows:
1. Prepare to work within an ethical framework for counselling
2. Understand the counselling relationship
3. Understand difference and diversity issues to develop empathic understanding
4. Work within a user-centred approach to counselling
5. Use counselling theory to develop self-awareness in counselling practice
6. Understand theories of counselling and mental health
7. Use feedback, reflection and supervision to support counselling studies
2013/14 Course start dates and times:
Tuesday 25th February 2014 - Tuesday 15th July 2014
5 - 9.30pm
Cost £649 (which includes approx £139 Registration and Certification fees for the awarding body)
Additional dates can be added (as usual!) when numbers demand!
CST-L3 is accredited by the Office of the Qualifications & Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) into the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
Qualification Number: 500/8009/X
Sector endorsement: Employment National Training Organisation (ENTO)
Sector subject area: 01.3 Health and Social Care